Modafinil and Sex | What You MUST Know
Modafinil is a drug used to help people stay awake, but it has also been found that the drug can improve sexual function. The question of whether or not modafinil should be taken before sex remains unanswered as scientists are still studying the effects. However, there have been some interesting findings on this topic so far and experts continue to dig into potential side-effects from taking modafinil for long periods of time.
Modafinil is a medication that is used to help patients with narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorder. It can also be used for healthy individuals who want to increase their cognitive performance. The drug has been shown to improve sexual performance in both men and women.
If you’re interested in learning more about Sex and Modafinil, you’ve come to the correct spot.
Modafinil is commonly recognized as the best’smart drug’ or nootropic in the world . A single 200mg Modafinil pill will provide 12+ hours of intense concentration, increased productivity, and significant increases in working and episodic memory for almost everyone.
Modafinil’s sexual impacts, on the other hand, are less well understood. How may it affect a person’s sexual response cycle? What effect may it have on dating, hooking up, and getting laid?
Those are the same topics we’ll be answering in this article, so if you’ve ever wondered how Modafinil affects sex, stay reading…
As a Modafinil.com reader, you may save 15% on all Buy Moda goods.
Simply enter the following code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Safely Purchase Modafinil
Sex and Modafinil
If you’ve heard of Modafinil, you’re probably acquainted with how it works.
But, for the uninitiated, we’ll go through the fundamentals and bring you up to speed fast.
Modafinil is an FDA-approved ‘wakefulness-promoting’ medicine (a ‘eugeroic’) used to treat narcolepsy and other “sleep-wake” problems such sleep apnea and Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD).
Modafinil is also used ‘off label’ by those who are interested in its cognitive advantages as a nootropic.
The major mechanism of action of modafinil is to raise histamine levels in the brain . This is beneficial for persons with narcolepsy because it stops them from falling asleep at inconvenient periods throughout the day. However, in healthy people, the additional histamine causes exceptional attention and concentration that may last up to 12 hours .
Modafinil also raises dopamine levels . This has a significant effect on a person’s mood and may aid in the improvement of cognitive processes such as memory .
This dopamine ‘rush’ is referred to by some users as a ‘Modafinil high,’ and it may be the primary cause for Modafinil’s powerful effect on sexual desire and sexual activity.
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Modafinil’s sexual adverse effects will be exposed…
Sexual Side Effects of Modafinil | Our Experience
The sexual side effects of Modafinil will be discussed in this article. We’ll start with the ones that our team members have directly encountered. We’ll go through the adverse effects that have been identified in research papers and medical literature later.
Here’s everything we’ve learned about Sex and Modafinil drive:
- Round One & Done: If you’re going to engage in coitus after taking Modafinil, we wouldn’t suggest that you plan on going more than one round. The drug typically inhibits male sex drive. Thus, one round of sex may seem marginally entertaining, but attempting a second round could be a no-go.
- Enhanced Sexual Encounter: Modafinil’s greater concentration might lead to a better sexual experience. We discovered that it helps people concentrate on the joys of sex rather than the distractions. The increased attention on the work at hand, in our view, does result in a more enjoyable experience, but only if you’re in the correct state of mind to begin with.
- While you’re probably just interested in one session, you shouldn’t have any trouble extending your lovemaking powers a bit longer. Because Modafinil reduces sex urge in most men, you may find yourself staying in bed longer after taking it.
- Modafinil makes it simpler to throw caution to the wind and disregard safety precautions. When using modafinil for sex, condoms are typically an afterthought. This is particularly true if you plan on going for a second (or third) round.
- Find Your Focus: While Modafinil usually inhibits sex urge in healthy guys on the first day of usage, the converse may happen on occasion. If you know you’ll be getting laid later in the evening, you may utilize Modafinil’s increased concentration to daydream about your upcoming experience. When the time comes, the stamina-boosting properties of Modafinil may lead you to indulge in your desires. Yes, we’re speaking from personal experience.
P.S: This is just one experience with Sex and Modafinil. So everything should be taken with a grain of salt. We cannot speak to the experiences of women.
Is it secure?
Modafinil is a highly safe medicine that generates few negative effects when taken under the guidance of a doctor to treat a diagnosed sleep-wake disorder such as narcolepsy. Patients with narcolepsy tolerate dosages of 100-200 mg per day quite well.
However, there has been little scientific investigation into Modafinil’s adverse effects when it is used as a’smart drug’ or nootropic by healthy people.
The most recent research looked at what occurred when individuals were given a 200mg dosage of Modafinil after being misdiagnosed with narcolepsy. To put it another way, they were healthy and free of the disease . Headaches were the most prevalent adverse effect, followed by dry mouth, nausea, and sleeplessness. The research determined, however, that these adverse effects were minor and passed fast.
So, if you take Modafinil at a level of roughly 200mg per day, these are the side effects you might anticipate. That stated, we began with 100mg to test how we would respond before gradually increasing our dose. Similarly, none of our staff members use Modafinil more than once or twice a week – it’s not meant to be used on a daily basis, at least for off-label purposes.
Although Modafinil is thought to be non-addictive, it does raise dopamine levels in the brain . As a result, there is worry that continued use of Modafinil (at high dosages) by susceptible persons may result in addiction . Modafinil addiction is rare, and it usually involves individuals using very high dosages (1,200mg+ per day) for long periods of time. Certainly not your average Modafinil user.
The majority of users regard Modafinil to be one of the safest smart medications available, with few, if any, negative effects, particularly when taking 200mg or less per dosage a few times per week. However, it is essential to be aware of the dangers.
Modafinil’s effects, like any prescription medicine, are dependent on the user’s general health. Modafinil’s adverse effects are often moderate and non-sexual  and disappear within 24 hours.
For the great majority of users, modafinil is completely safe. A real-world usage safety profile may be found here .
While there is some anecdotal evidence regarding Sex and Modafinil, research in this area is not yet conclusive.
When it comes to sexual side effects, there are a few things to consider before participating in intercourse on days when you’ve taken Modafinil. Below are a few of the most intriguing concerns that consumers have while combining Modafinil with love-making.
Hypersexuality and Modafinil
Hypersexuality and Modafinil is an interesting topic. Members of our team have reported becoming less concerned about sex after taking Modafinil. Most people report becoming more concerned with making money and getting things done, than making love.
Other Modafinil users, particularly females, have claimed the opposite effects.
One scientific case study  describes how one female user’s sex desire increased dramatically after using Modafinil:
Her sexual desire rose one week after starting modafinil therapy. Her sexual intercourse frequency was 1-2 times per week before to therapy, but after treatment, she desired coitus every day. She is always thinking about sexuality. She didn’t use any other medications or have any medical conditions that might boost her sexual drive. The dosage of modafinil was reduced from 100 mg to 50 mg per day. Her ESS score was 7, and she had no problems sleeping throughout the day. Her sexual drive returned to normal once she stopped taking modafinil.
This is an interesting case report regarding Sex and Modafinil drive in women. While men may find the opposite true, it seems Modafinil could increase sex drive in women.
Men have reported experiencing hypersexuality after taking large doses of Modafinil in exceedingly uncommon circumstances. One case study  described the experiences of one individual who used up to 1000mg of Modafinil on a regular basis:
He gradually raised the amount to 800–1,000 mg/day in split doses over the following three weeks. His sexual behavior changed, despite the fact that his mood did not improve. He began to develop a spontaneous erection and felt thrilled when he saw any ladies approaching. His masturbation frequency climbed to 10–12 times per day, yet he was still unsatisfied, unlike his premorbid self. In addition to these symptoms, he began connecting with commercial sex workers (CSWs) over the phone, becoming aroused just by conversing with them.
A daily dose of 1,000mg Modafinil is regarded to be exceptionally high. It is much higher than the recommended dosage for narcolepsy (200mg) and for the treatment of ADHD (400mg) .
We know of no doctor who would recommend taking this much Modafinil, and it’s not only because of the sex urge adverse effects.
While the specific mechanism by which Modafinil produces hypersexuality is uncertain, research has shown that it decreases response to fear stimuli in the amygdala, a brain area implicated in anxiety . This process is thought to be responsible for hypersexuality.
In general, there hasn’t been a lot of study done on Modafinil’s sexual side effects. It’s too soon to say, but anecdotal data suggests Modafinil may cause hypersexuality in certain people. These studies emphasize the importance of learning more about Modafinil’s mechanisms of action.
Erectile Dysfunction and Modafinil
There are few to no studies on Erectile Dysfunction and Modafinil. As such, we’ll be looking at case reports and anecdotal evidence when considering how the smart drug affects erection quality in males.
Many people on Reddit, like this young male , have noticed problems with erection quality after using Modafinil:
As a result, the next day (Sunday), I decided to take two tablets to attempt the normal 200mg dosage. Unfortunately, there was no discernible change. It felt just like the 100mg amount I took the day before.
I knew I needed to masturbate later that day (I masturbate basically once per week for testosterone boosting). To my surprise, getting and maintaining an erection was rather tough for me. I was surprised since I’d never had trouble getting erect before, but I figured I wasn’t really horny at the time and continued masturbating until I was satisfied.
Anyway, I was still concerned, so I decided to try if porn might help me get my dick moving. No, porn wasn’t quite as stimulating for me as it normally is, and I still had trouble getting an erection. This is when I began to think modafinil was to blame for everything. I went to bed apprehensive, hoping for better outcomes the following day (today, Monday). Hopefully, by then, the medicine would have left my system.
However, as of this evening, I’m still having erection issues, with no meaningful progress so far. Obviously, I can’t be certain that modafinil is the cause of my troubles, but it’s the most likely choice at the time.
This is obviously not an ideal scenario. After only one day of usage, modafinil seemed to impair the young man’s capacity to sustain an erection.
After using Modafinil for the first time, another member on a separate forum had identical findings :
From Friday through Sunday, I took my first Modafinil (Modalert) dose. I took 50mg on Friday and Saturday, then 100mg over three hours on Sunday, and it was all they said it would be.
On Sunday, though, I realized I hadn’t thought about sex all weekend. It wasn’t a huge problem; I was probably preoccupied with other stuff all weekend! So I switch on some porn to stimulate myself; I soon immerse myself in the video mentally, but my erection quality is far lesser than normal, and touching myself doesn’t feel as wonderful. The about 70% erection vanished as soon as I stopped stroking myself, even for a few seconds.
I didn’t have any morning wood this morning. Morning wood is something I always have. I’m also having slight pelvic discomfort just above my dick, as well as little pain in my left testicle.
In our perspective, this is not a great circumstance. This young man’s erectile dysfunction is certainly caused by modafinil.
While forums and Reddit tend to be filled with stories of Erectile Dysfunction and Modafinil, there have been case studies that show otherwise. This is especially true in patients with a history of depression.
Take a look at the findings of this case study :
Not only did the addition of Modafinil (200 mg/day) alleviate the patient’s psychomotor symptoms, but it also improved his sexual dysfunction.
In this patient with depression, modafinil obviously helped to remove erectile dysfunction.
Overall, there is no confirmed link between Erectile Dysfunction and Modafinil at the time of writing. Further research is warranted to determine how this nootropic affects our sex lives.
Modafinil degrades erection quality in the majority of young, healthy users. In most situations, these effects do not last long. As a result, there is virtually little danger.
Sex and Modafinil Drive | What Have Others Noticed?
We’re certainly not the only research team interested in the sexual side effects of Modafinil. Googling “Sex and Modafinil” tends to bring up some interesting search results.
The subject has its own Reddit thread. It’s also rather entertaining. Some good quotes are:
“I felt uncomfortably conscious of my own dick after taking the medicine, and I pondered about it for many hours.”
And then there’s this classic…
“Avoid watching porn while on Modafinil. Maybe you have more than I do, but if I don’t have my job in front of me and switch to porn while on moda, well… that’s the end of my day, and I’ll need an ice pack afterwards! -=).”
The thread is amusing, but it doesn’t offer anything to the discussion.
When talking about Sex and Modafinil drive, individual results will vary. Based on the anecdotal evidence, men and women will react differently to this smart drug, especially from a sexual standpoint.
Furthermore, due to every individual’s unique body chemistry, Modafinil will affect our sex lives differently. There are no proven research studies regarding Sex and Modafinil at present.
What Effect Does Modafinil Have on Your Sexual Life?
You — and only you — would be able to find out how Modafinil would effect your sex life if you were curious.
Mixing Sex and Modafinil doesn’t need to be a spectator sport. However, unless you suffer from severe premature ejaculation, it is advisable to refrain from using Modafinil as a sexual supplement.
From a sexual aspect, the smart medicine does not seem to be useful to males. We also suspect that Modafinil will provide any sexual benefits to women unless they have a unique case of hypersexuality.
However, ingesting Modafinil for business activities and subsequently indulging in sexual intercourse should be OK, according to our experience. To decrease the sexual adverse effects of Modafinil, it seems that avoiding regular use is the key.
P.S. Ordering Modafinil from our top-rated seller is a terrific way to save money.
Please click here!
- C. Giurgea. Towards an Integrative Brain Activity Pharmacology. Psychopharmacology’s tentative idea of nootrope [Pharmacology of brain integrative function. Actual Pharmacol (Paris). 1972;25:115-56. Attempt at nootropic notion in psychopharmacology]. PMID: 4541214 in French.
- A comprehensive review of modafinil: Potential therapeutic applications and mechanisms of action, Ballon JS, Feifel D. 2006;67(4):554-566. doi:10.4088/jcp.v67n0406.
- T. Ishizuka, Y. Sakamoto, T. Sakurai, and A. Yamatodani. In the anterior hypothalamus of rats, modafinil enhances histamine release. 339(2):143-146 in Neurosci Lett. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- The physiology of brain histamine, Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. 2001;63(6):637-672 in Prog Neurobiol. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- D. Zolkowska, R. Jain, R. B. Rothman, J. S. Partilla, B. L. Roth, V. Setola, T. E. Prisinzano, M. H. Baumann. Evidence that dopamine transporters are involved in modafinil’s behavioral stimulant effects. 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878; Epub 2009 Feb 5.
- Modafinil: a review of neurochemical activities and cognitive effects, Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.npp.1301534 PMID: 17712350. Epub 2007 Aug 22.
- E. Lopes, D. Pereira, N. Silva Behrens, H. de Almeida Fonseca, P. O. Calvancanti, T. F. de Arajo Lima, M. Pradella-Hallinan, J. Castro, S. Tufik, and F. M. Coelho. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a non-narcoleptic patient. 7(1):47-9 in Sleep Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.slsci.2014.07.015. Epub 2014 Aug 19. PMCID: PMC4521649; PMID: 26483900
- “Effects of modafinil on dopamine and dopamine transporters in the male human brain: therapeutic implications,” Nora D Volkow et al. 10.1001/jama.2009.351
- Provigil (Modafinil) Side Effects, Warnings, and Uses (2018, May 8). Provigil side effects drug center, https://www.rxlist.com/provigil-side-effects-drug-center.htm
- (n.d.). http://www.davidpublisher.org/index.php/Home/Article/index.php?id=6883.html
- Modafinil Dependence and Hypersexuality: A Case Report and Review of the Evidence, Swapnajeet S, Bn S, Gourav G. 2016 Nov 30;14(4):402-404. Clin Psychopharmacol Neurosci. doi: 10.9758/cpn.2016.14.4.402. PMCID: PMC5083941. PMID: 27776397.
- Modafinil ADHD Study Group (Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA). A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled research compared once-daily and split dosages of modafinil in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. PMID: 16841622. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506.
- r/afinil – Does modafinil induce erectile dysfunction? (n.d.). https://www.reddit.com/r/afinil/comments/2s6q1t/modafinil causes erection problems/ retrieved from https://www.reddit.com/r/afinil/comments/2s6
- Modafinil is causing ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION in me – has anybody else had this problem? (n.d.). https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/modafinil-giving-me-erectile-dysfunction-anyone-else-have-experienced-this.684400/
- Karau015f, H., & Kau015fer, M. (2019). Use of Modafinil in Co-existing Major Depression and ErectileDysfunction: A Case Report. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31487380
- E. C. Serefoglu (2016, February). A case study suggests that on-demand d-modafinil might be a viable treatment option for lifelong premature ejaculation. Accessible at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25735219.
Modafinil is a prescription medication that is used to treat narcolepsy and sleep apnea. It can also be used for “off-label” purposes such as treating ADHD, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other conditions. Although it has been proven to help people with these conditions, there have not been any conclusive studies on the effects of modafinil on sex performance in healthy individuals. Reference: does modafinil need to build up.
Frequently Asked Questions
- modafinil and viagra reddit
- modafinil high dose
- modafinil and viagra interactions
- can i take modafinil with cialis reddit
- is modafinil a vasoconstrictor